2835 South Harper road
Corinth, Ms. 38834
P. O. Box 226
Corinth, Ms. 38835-0226
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Steve Little Justice Court Judge Post 1
Jimmy McGee Justice Court Judge Post 2
Duties and Responsibilities
The Alcorn County Clerk of Circuit Court's office is a complex organization
that performs a wide range of record keeping, information and
financial management for the judicial system, the Board of County
Supervisors, and most importantly, the citizens of Alcorn County.
- The Clerk of Court, as an officer of the Alcorn County Court system, is responsible for maintaining court records with the utmost care and security. These court records include criminal felony and misdemeanor cases, civil, family, probate and small claims proceedings, juvenile cases, and traffic citations.
- The Clerk of Court is the official recorder and custodian of all documents placed in the Alcorn County Official Records. The Official Records are a permanent repository of those documents which primarily relate to real estate transactions.
- The Clerk issues marriage licenses and is authorized to perform marriage ceremonies.
- The Clerk issues jury summons, requisitions and distributes payment of fees to jurors.
- As Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners, the Clerk attends all Board meetings, records the proceedings and maintains minutes of each meeting.
- The Clerk serves as the chief financial officer of the county. In this capacity the clerk ensures that all expenditures of county funds are authorized by law.
- The Clerk's office has been designated by the United States Department of State to receive and process passport applications.
All records filed with the Clerk are available for public inspection during normal business hours with the exception of those records specifically exempt by judicial order or statute.